Tuesday 25 June 2013

Rainbow Smash Cake

When my friend who is a photographer was asking for a volunteer to have a go at Cake Smashing I have to admit I didn't have a clue what she meant, but a quick good showed exactly what it was! What do you get if you put a baby and a pretty cake together? Cake Smash!
The deal was, I make the cake, she'd take the photos, so off I set to make a cake. It had to be buttercream icing for the best mess and smash, but I didn't want it to be boring, so I searched around online and found a tutorial for a petal cake. I decided to take it to the next level and do it rainbow coloured. Here are my bags of rainbow coloured icings. You need to work on the one after the other, so I had to be careful to keep them in the right order!

You start by piping dots of each colour, the smudge them right, then add the next row, but move all the colours along one. You repeat this until it is completely covered. 

Here is the cake about to be smashed

Tomorrow I'll be showing the banner I made for the background!

Thanks to the wonderful Kirsty Wiseman for these fab images!


1 comment:

  1. That took some serious sponge baking to make that cake. I just know i would have lot track of where i was with icing those colours. Brilliant photo x

    ReplyDelete