Tuesday 23 April 2013

Waltzingmouse Flower show CASE



Today we are CASing cards from the recent Waltzingmouse Flower Show.

 I knew when I was looking through the cards that I wanted to CASE JJ Bolton, and had trouble choosing between the two cards she had made, but eventually I settled on the vellum one.

  here is JJs original here


I started off by stamping the main image from Folk Medallions in a rainbow of colours (I do love rainbows!). I then cut a circle in the centre, using circle nestabilities, which would make the centre of the card visible.
I stamped a red medallion onto a piece of white card which would sit inside the card underneath the main medallion and be seen when the card was closed.

Here's how it is when it's open. You can see some of the glitter in the vellum too.
I used my silhouette to cut the black cardstock to the shape of the medallion.


Here's how it looks when its closed.


I added some Fantastic Ribbon rainbow ribbon and a Paper Smooch sentiment (Simply Said) which was stamped in versamark and used Wow extra fine white embossing powder.

Here you can see the inside of the card with the small medallion.

I hope you like my take on the original :)

11 comments:

  1. I love your take on JJ's card. The rainbow flower on the vellum and pretty cutout to the inside is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - love that last shot where you can see the light coming through the vellum and the rainbow / spectrum look you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh - I love the colours you've used and that fabulous rainbow ribbon! The inside flower is a nice touch too - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, and I love your little surprise inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Love how you used that Folk Art Medallion set, simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great, love the colors you used on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, and I love your take on JJ's card. How clever to have the little window to the inside of the card. Love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty design with the cut out center!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forget how lovely a black card looks - love it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like your take on the original...very effective and I like the detail on the inside as well as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this image on vellum and the cut out showing the image on the inside when close!!

    ReplyDelete