Sunday 29 April 2012

Paper smooches SPARKS challenge



The challenge over at Paper Smooches was to find inspiration from this photo

and although it was somewhat out of my comfort zone I really wanted to play along. I was able to download some of their free digi images and use them to make a hybrid card.
First of all I cropped two digi sentiments to make this 'Thanks berry much' one. (I used 'thanks', and 'I love you berry much').
Then I digitally coloured one of the small berries and created a background paper by replicating it and adding some green polka dots. I printed off some outline berries for the main image and coloured them with my promarkers. This was all layered onto my kraft cardstock which I had sent through my cuttlebug with a grid embossing folder to replicate the waffle cone. 
You can see the waffle effect a little clearer on this image.
I hope you like my take on this challenge, it really was quite alot of fun to step outside of my comfort zone for once!


5 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE that berry image—it's so whimsical!!! Your card is sooo CUTE! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! What program did you use to edit the digital stamps with? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'waffle' background and you did a fabulous job making the patterned paper. Such a cute card. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous - I love all the berries, Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that waffle background is perfect! and the grapes are making my mouth water :) Thanks for joining in the SPARKS challenge. We have a new one today...go check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete