Friday 11 November 2011

Red and Orange Stars - Less is More Week 40

The challenge over at Less is More is to use Red and Orange, reflecting the colours of bonfires and fireworks. I decided to add in a little yellow too, but I'm sure they won't mind!

I used a really useful tip Kirsty Wiseman gave me, which is to use your promarkers to colour scraps of white card for punching, this means you can always have coordinating die cuts or punched shapes to your projects.
I also used this technique to make a mat for my main stamped Birthday sentiment. The background sentiments and the main sentiment are both from a lovely birthday Hero Arts set. Each of the stars I embossed in my cuttlebug to give a bit of extra texture, added some yellow polka dot ribbon and added some faux stitching around the edges with my orange promarker! voila!
If you haven't already you can enter to win some blog candy here.

1 comment:

  1. You can also use your Promarkers to colour ribbon, that way you can always have coordinating ribbon too! Your spotty ribbon is perfect for this card however! It all looks very cheerful!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete