Saturday 12 November 2011

Background cupcakes

.


Here is a card for a friend who's birthday is coming up. I made the cupcake embellishment a few weeks back by doing some paper piecing with some scraps, but wasn't sure how to move forward with it.
I used some lovely Hero Arts birthday stamps to stamp the tiny cupcakes in the background with tea dye distress ink and masked off a border round the edge. I then used a promarker to outline my background.
The scraps I used are some Basic Grey pieces I had left over from this card I made earlier in the year, but not wanting to throw anything away I kept the tiniest pieces! I stamped with some black memento ink with the large cupcake stamp which came in a tiny set from We R Memory keepers onto the scraps. I then cut them out and layered them up. The cherry on top of the cupcake has had glossy accents added for a little extra dimension!
 I stamped the Hero arts sentiment with some more memento and then added some self adhesive ribbon. Hope you like it!
This card is being entered into the Artistic Stamper Backgrounds challenge

If you'd like to enter my bloggiversary candy to win a beautiful set of Hero Arts stamps then look here.

3 comments:

  1. oooh I am all peckish now lol Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with the Artistic Stamper challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. The spotty ribbon co-ordinates brilliantly with the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun background on your card :)
    Thanks for joining in at The Artistic Stamper this month
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete