Sunday 2 October 2011

World Card Making Day fun!

Ok, so yesterday was World Card Making Day, and I was able to set aside a couple of hours to craft in the evening when my dear husband was out, and my little monkey was in bed. I tell you, I had such a great time! It's the first time in a long time I have sat down and made 4 cards, now admittedly two are very similar, but even so, 3 unique designs is pretty good! I'm going to share one now, and the rest over the coming days.
At the moment I'm loving going back to my CAS roots, and although its sometimes a challenge not to sponge to death my cards, I'm restraining myself!

Here is a card which is for a few challenges. First of all I spotted the sketch over at Card Patterns and knew it was something I'd like to have a go with, and secondly this months Stampendous challenge is to do a CAS Christmas card.
Changito-Oct2011

I searched through my stampendous stamps for something Christmassy, but couldn't find anything, plus I'd already got something in mind for the sketch which used a snowflake stamp.



I embossed my cardstock with my cuttlebug embossing folder snowflakes, then used two types of ribbon and stamped and heat embossed some small silver snowflakes onto some circles I'd die cut. This would be a perfect batch card for Christmas, as it comes together very quickly.
I hope you had as much fun as me for World Card Making Day!

5 comments:

  1. I love that embossing folder you used, I don't own it but I always admire it in the stores! I had a lot of fun for WCMD glad you got some time in :)

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple - love how the dry embossing adds depth. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect CAS Christmas Card! So glad you joined us at Stampendous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really simple and pretty! Great job. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete