Friday 8 April 2011

A quick birthday card

So it was my collegues birthday last week, and as it was a special one I wanted to make a card with her age on it.
After making my Aunts 60th Birthday card recently I decided to follow a similar style - hand cut numbers then embossed and sponged. I printed off the outline of the numbers on the computer and then embossed in my bug with Divine swirls. I used tea dye and cracked sapphire distress inks,  matched the colours of the papers I'd chosen. I layered it onto some nesties labels 1 that I had in my scrap box and then used some scrap patterned papers to make the background. A little ribbon finished it off, and I then layered it onto some black paper to finish!
Quite quick and easy when you've decided on the elements. I love the look of the embossed numbers, and am sure this won't be the last time I do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment