Saturday 12 March 2011

New Baby Cards

Today I'm posting all about baby cards! We go through phases of having friends who have babies, and I have made lots of cards in the  past and not taken photos, but at the bottom I've included any that I did have.
So the card I made last week was for some friends whose first baby was born the exact same day as Monkey!

In the past I've stuck with the same type of card, but this time I wanted to do something simple, and use my new embossing folder with my cuttlebug!

I used some baby blue card, embossed in the folder through my cuttlebug. I then used Cracked Sapphire distress ink to highlight the words. I used some cuttlebug star dies, making the larger size in navy blue, and the smaller one in baby blue. I also punched out two little feet from navy paper.

I used my embossing pen, and then some clear embossing powder to write the name and date onto some baby blue card, then layered onto navy card and added some brads in the corner. My handwriting isn't great, so I got a calligraphy book for Christmas, and although I still need practise its better than my own handwriting!
I used ribbon adhesive to add two thin lines of navy ribbon to the card once I'd gone around the edge with my wavy edge trimmer.
You can see here that the smaller star has been triple embossed. I covered the whole star in clear ink then applied clear embossing powder and heated it. I did this twice more and it gives it a really nice glossy effect. I used some tiny foam squares to attach the feet and give it some dimension.
And here are some other new baby cards, all of which feature stars, which I think are super cute on baby cards!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I wish I had good handwriting or could do anything close to calligraphy! Your cards look fantastic

    ReplyDelete