Wednesday 5 January 2011

Star Cards

Here are a couple of cards I've made in the last few months with a star theme (I love stars!). The top one is one I made for my niece's 2nd birthday. It is a 6" square easel card with a star front. I used the embossing board on my Ultimate Pro to do the star shapes and the papers are actually from a small Christmas stack which I got free on the front of a craft magazine. The word "two" is made from some cardboard stickons I got in a craft bundle, which I covered in ink and then embossed silver. The larger star is pearlised card in a white/silver which I have inked around the edges with pink.
 This second card was to celebrate the birth of my friends little girl. This is an A5 card on white cardstock. I've used the Ultimate Pro embossing mats again for the star shapes, and also the banner shape. The two vertical stripes and the background paper of the star are girly sentiments from a mat stack I've had for ages. I used the cardboard letters again for the name, and finished off by using straight silver peel offs down the sides and around the star (very fiddly!) and then attaching some standard silver stars around the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment