Sunday 2 January 2011

First card of 2011!

Its my grandma's birthday tomorrow, so here's the card I just made for her. I used my cuttlebug to emboss a plain white square card, and then used my new distress ink - cracked sapphire - to highlight the embossing. I then cut a labels 4 nestability from dark blue cardstock, stamped a sentiment onto some ivory cardstock and made a faux nestie by using the same size nestie and drawing inside the die to get an 1/8 inch nest. I read somewhere - possibly http://www.ikkiscuttlebugcupboard.blogspot.com/ - that the best way to do a faux nestie is to use the die for the larger one and hand cut the inner, as its less noticable if its not perfect. I was pleased with how it looks, and think I agree with that way round. To hide any imperfections in my cutting I just sponged around the smaller one with the distress ink again.
Quite a simple card, and very quick to make!

3 comments:

  1. I like the embossing folder you used...I'm not familiar with that one. Maybe it's sold in the UK only?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came free when I got my Bug, but I'm not sure it is cuttlebug brand. I'm not a florally person, so it was a challenge doing something like this!

    ReplyDelete