Monday 24 January 2011

 
Heres a card I made for a friend who's birthday was last week. I don't have any number stamps, or dies, so instead I used my digital scrapbook package to print off the numbers. I first typed out the word "thirty" in different fonts and put them in the background of the numbers. I printed them off and cut them out, then made a frame for them using baby blue card. My largest labels dies were not big enough, so I used a technique I learned over at Ikkis cuttlebug cupboard http://www.ikkiscuttlebugcupboard.blogspot.com/, which is to partially cut with the die, then remove from the machine, then partially cut another section and then cut the middle out by hand. I'll try and take some pictures of this technique another time. I inked around the edge of the pink label with some pink ink, and also the edge of the numbers.

The background papers were printed off from digital scrapbook artist. I made a piece of A4 cream card into an easle card and used some more baby blue card for the easle prop. I used my new Purple cow guilltine/trimmer with its crinkle edge and stamped the sentiment "lets celebrate" from my Papermania sunflower set.

I thought it looked nice, but still needed something, so I did something I never do...flowers! I found some flower punches when going through my mums crafting box, and decided to punch some out! The larger of the 2 flowers I punched in cream card and inked the edges. The smaller flower I punched from the stripey background paper.
I was really pleased with how the flowers finished it off.
Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment