Wednesday 29 December 2010

Quilted Cushion


For my sister in law I wanted to make something special this Christmas, and as she and her boyfriend are currently doing up a house - complete with craft room - I decided to make something for the new house. I found out the colour scheme of the craft room and decided to make a quilted cushion. I got a few books out of the library, made my own design - based around a very popular star shape- and set about making it. I found it very satisfying doing this, it was much quicker than the advent calender to put together!
The front has a panel of stars with buttons, a strip of plain fabric, then stripes of varying widths in colour.
The colours remind me of sherbet!
I made the back to be an overlap fastening, and used two odd buttons to close it. I decided on this rather than a zip as it looked a little more classic. I made a small label to put inside with a beehive stamped on it!
I'm really pleased with how the cushion looked, and am quite confident on doing more quilting in the future!

2 comments:

  1. hey loves, you left a comment on my blog but I dont have an email address for you :(
    Could you mail it to me at kirstywiseman at hotmail dot com - please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best cushion ever, love it THANK YOU x

    ReplyDelete